1. Research Councils which continue to initiate and guide, develop and coordinate scientific research in different aspects of respective systems, both fundamental and allied.
2. Their research activities have been reviewed to ensure that Councils undertake meaningful research under fixed parameters within specified period and disseminate research findings for the benefit of educationists, researchers, physicians, manufacturers and common man.
3. Clinical and evidence based research
4. Fundamental and drug providing research
5. Drug standardization and pharmacological research
6. Literary research, documentation and tribal health care research programme.
7. Medical plant research (medico-ethno botanical survey, pharmacognosy and tissue culture)
8. Survey collection and cultivation of medicine.
9. Development of agro techniques for domestication and cultivation of medical plants.
9. The drug standardization research programme development of standered operating procedure s (sops) for compound formulations continued.